Whether you need access to arrest records or you want to do a West Baton Rouge Parish warrant search, the place to go is the Warrant Division of the sheriff’s office. Some additional information about the office is available on their webpage, but, in summary, that office handles all of the documentation associated with various matters, including:
- Non-support arrest warrants
- Bench warrants
- Criminal arrest active warrants issued in West Baton Rouge Parish
- Criminal arrest active warrants forwarded to the parish by other agencies.
- Arrest documents
In one eight-year stretch, the 23,000 people who call West Baton Rouge Parish home were subjected to more than seven hundred violent crimes, and there was a total of more than five thousand reported crimes in the parish in that period.
The West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office covers the 204 miles that make up the parish. Some of their work involves collecting taxes, but they also serve legal documents and court orders and enforce Louisiana’s law. Their website, http://www.wbrsheriff.org, details the many areas of their work. The sheriff’s main office is located at 850 8th Street, PO Box 129, Port Allen, Louisiana.
If you need information on criminal records, the sheriff’s office has a department specializing in criminal background data. The Criminal Records Division’s phone number is 225-389-2306. West Baton Rouge Parish’s sheriff’s office also has a Prison Booking Desk.
If you need information on arrests that have already occurred in West Baton Rouge Parish, LA, go to http://www.westbatonrouge.lavns.org and view the jail roster. Inmates are listed alphabetically on the site. Additional identifying information appears with the names, such as date of birth, ethnic background, gender, and arrest date. Results may be narrowed by using the alphabetical filter provided on the page. The inmate list is regularly updated. Should you feel the need, you may register to be notified of an individual’s release (or any other change in their status) without providing your name.
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in West Baton Rouge Parish over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at 225-346-6309 if you want to initiate a warrants search through the Sheriff’s Office.
- Connect with the law enforcement office at 225-343-9234 if you want to access arrest records.
- Call the West Baton Rouge Parish Jail at 225-346-6420 if you’re looking for information on recent arrests.
- Contact the Detective Division at 225-382-5242 (for victims only) if you want information regarding a criminal case.
- Call the Port Allen City Court at 225-346-4702 for a warrants search.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 225-383-0378 if you are keen on accessing criminal case records.
- Contact the District Attorney’s Office at 225-336-2410 if you need information on victim support.
Crime statistics of West Baton Rouge Parish
West Baton Rouge Parish’s yearly crime average increased by 23% in 2019, to soar to 630 incidents. The annual violent crime rate stood at 85, and included 6 rape cases and 62 serious assaults.
More than 425 of the complaints made against property crimes were for larceny-theft, while over 65 were for burglaries.
Older crime statistics