In Iberia Parish, LA, all arrest warrants are exclusively issued by the magistrate’s court; be they orders for detention in a criminal matter, which are known as active arrest warrants or those that have been released in case of misdemeanors and civil cases, which are legally termed as bench warrants.
However, once such a decree for detention is handed over to the police, the sheriff’s deputies are in charge of serving the warrant and making an arrest. In fact, it is the law enforcement agency that initiates the process of arrest warrants by making a formal request to the judiciary.
So, you can find information on outstanding warrants and arrest records from their source of the issue, which is the magistrate’s court, but a warrant search can be conducted with the sheriff’s help department. Another state agency that maintains complete records about civil and criminal warrants is the office of the clerk of the court of Iberia Parish, LA.
To get in touch with these state entities, you will have to visit:
- The sheriff’s office: 300 Iberia St Ste 120, New Iberia, Louisiana 70560. Call them on 337-369-3714 or fax on 337-369-2414
- The magistrate’s court: 300 Iberia Street, New Iberia, Louisiana 70560
- The county clerk’s office: Courthouse as above
It is imperative to understand that while all agencies will offer round about the same information regarding criminal history records, it is the ancillary information that each office can provide that should impact your choice when choosing an agency.
For instance, at the sheriff’s office, you can also find information on the most wanted of Iberia Parish, while the magistrate’s court can throw light on why a warrant was issued in the first place. Finally, the county clerk’s office will provide insight into both criminal and civil cases.
Is it possible to obtain information about Iberia Parish warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on arrests and inmates, call the Iberia Parish Criminal Justice Facility at 337-369-2431.
- For arrest records, police reports, and accident reports, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 337-369-3714.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the City Courts at 337-276-5603/337-369-2334.
- For victim’s assistance, call the District Attorney’s Office at 337-369-4420
- For information on filing a request for a criminal background search, call the Office of the Clerk of Court at 337-365-7282.
Crime statistics of Iberia Parish
The Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Department received 1509 criminal complaints in 2014. This annual crime total was the sum of 1,366 property offenses and 143 crimes against people among them.
Around 890 larceny thefts, 455 burglaries, and 25 motor vehicle thefts were among the reported property offenses. Nearly 90 aggravated assaults, 7 rapes, and 44 robberies were among the reported violent offenses.
Older crime statistics
On average, just about 1000 crimes are reported in Iberia Parish, Louisianan, each year. When the crime rates for the period between 1999 and 2007 were studied, the total incident rate was found to be at almost 9400 cases. Of these, nearly 12% of occurrences were violent crimes, which included rapes and homicide. However, the bulk of this figure was taken up by property crimes complaints, with approximately 7500 cases lodged over the 9 years.