If you are looking for information on active arrest warrants issued in Vermilion County, LA, you will come back sorely disappointed over the internet. Despite being home to several urban areas, the county judicial and law enforcement agencies have failed to offer the residents the convenience of conducting a warrant search online.
If you want to look for arrest records or outstanding warrants against a person of your knowledge, the only real option is to personally visit either the sheriff’s office, the magistrate’s court, or the office of the clerk of court.
While any one of these options can be used by a person looking for information on arrest warrants issued against others, they will not work for someone who has an arrest order in his/her own name. In fact, approaching a Vermilion County, LA government office can and possibly result in immediate arrest.
For people who are faced with this quandary, there are two solutions. You can use a third-party crime database; to find one, fill out the form above. Alternatively, you will have to get a lawyer or somebody you know to conduct a warrant search for you.
However, remember that they will have to be very careful not to divulge your whereabouts, which may lead to your arrest and theirs. If this is the option that you want to pick, you can have your friend or family member visit:
- The office of the sheriff of Vermilion County, LA:101 S State St, Abbeville, Louisiana 70510.
- The office of the county clerk: 100 North State Street, Suite 101, Abbeville, Louisiana 70510-0790.
- The office of the magistrate: Address as above
While data on traffic accidents and other minor offenses are also held by many incident-specific divisions like the department of Motor Safety., the three branches of the state government mentioned above will offer the most comprehensive details on criminal history.
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Vermilion Parish? (2021-current)
- You can call Jail Bookings for information on recent arrests- 337-898-4430.
- You can call Jail Administration for an inmate search and inmate arrest records-337-898-4424.
- You can contact the Bonds and Warrants Unit of the Sheriff’s Office to inquire about arrest warrants and bonding out an inmate- 337-898-4412
- You can also contact the City Courts to obtain information on arrest warrants -337-893-1513 (Abbeville) and 337-643-6611 (Kaplan).
- You can call the Parish District Attorney’s Office for victim’s assistance-337-898-4320.
- You can contact the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search-337-898-1992.
Crime statistics of Vermilion Parish
In 2018, the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Department dealt with about 828 criminal complaints. Around 755 of these complaints were for property crimes. There were 276 cases of larceny-theft, 289 incidents of burglary, and 189 cases of motor vehicle theft in this category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 70 violent crime complaints.
Older crime statistics
Vermilion Parish is one of Louisiana’s areas where the police have managed to keep a firm hold on the rate of crime. With less than 500 incidents being reported annually and the yearly average of violent criminal activity at just about 120 incidents, residents have little to worry about for now.
However, over the 10 year period from 1999 to 2008, the rate of violent crime has gone up by a whopping 70% and more. If this growth is not checked, in the very near future, the overall crime figures may cross the mark of 600 cases per annum.