Like in most other counties of Louisiana, the judiciary and law enforcement agencies of St. Mary County do not offer arrest records-related information online, nor is there any provision to initiate a warrant search for the area through the internet. However, you can always head over to one of the state departments and make a formal request for data on arrest warrants.
The process will have to begin with a visit to:
- The sheriff’s office: 500 Main St, Franklin, Louisiana 70538.
- The magistrate’s court: 101 Wilson St, Franklin, LA 70538.
- The clerk of court department: Courthouse Building, 500 Main Street, 2nd Floor, Franklin, LA 70538.
Please take a photo ID along, or they will not give you access to the information on active warrants. Because these agencies have data on thousands of criminals out of the prison system, those who are currently incarcerated, most wanted perpetrators, and those who have not been brought to books as yet, you will need clear identifiers to find data on the subject your inquiry.
For instance, the minimum information needed when looking for data on St. Mary County outstanding warrants is the subject’s name along with his/her race, gender, and age. Unfortunately, the results can be inconclusive if the first and last name of the person you are inquiring about is fairly common.
To remedy the situation, it would best to furnish additional search criteria like the social security number, the identifier digits allotted to every prisoner who enters the Louisiana Correctional system, current address, case number, etc.
Generally, it will not take any of the departments from St Mary County, LA, more than 24 hours to get your search results for you. You will be charged a small fee for the inquiry even if no information is found on the subject. Payments for such requests have to be made through money order or business checks.
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from St Mary Parish over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For information on arrests and prisoners, get in touch with the St Mary Parish Correctional Center at (337) 828-6945 or the Patterson City Jail at (985) 395-6161.
- For arrest records and police reports (accident/incident), get in touch with the St Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office at (337) 828-1960 or (985) 384-1622.
- For information about arrest warrants, get in touch with the City Courts at (985) 384-2718 (Morgan) and (337) 828-3858 (Franklin).
- For victim assistance, get in touch with the District Attorney’s Office at (337) 828-4100.
- For further information on submitting a request for a criminal background check, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s Office at (337) 828-4100.
Crime statistics of St. Mary Parish
The crime rate of St Mary Parish decreased by 18% in 2019. Nearly 121 of the 684 complaints were filed against violent crimes. These involved 100 cases of physical assault and 12 cases of rape, among others. There were roughly 563 property crime complaints filed in 2019. Of these, 400 were attributed to larceny-theft.
Older crime statistics
With a whopping increase of almost 80% in the rate of violent crime, is it any wonder that St. Mary County, LA witnesses almost 1400 incidents of crime each year? The daily crime average of the area currently stands at nearly 4 incidents, and annually, almost 2 murders and 10 cases of sexual assault and reported in the area.