A De Soto County, Louisiana active warrant is an express order from the local tribunal to arrest a person accused of committing a criminal act and bring him before the court to stand trial for his legal infractions. The court never issued arrest warrants unless the police file a complaint to request such an order.
The affidavit filed for the purpose contains all case-related information, including a mention of the witnesses and the victim. If the details stated in the writ are not enough to establish probable cause, the witnesses are called in to depose under oath. The reason given for this procedure is that the court needs to exercise due diligence to ensure that the alleged offender’s rights are not compromised when granting a De Soto County, LA active arrest warrant to the sheriff’s department.
However, once a detention decree of this nature is issued, it gives law enforcement agents discretionary powers to arrest the individual in question. Often the arrest will take place within a few hours of warrant release. In such a scenario, the person in whose name the warrant has been granted can be taken into custody at any time and from any place, including his own home or office or even a third party or public area.
While a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her will have a tough time getting information from government sources about such an order, it is possible to avail this information from a privately maintained, online database. To access such a repository of nationwide and De Soto County arrest records, you can fill the form above.
On the other hand, if you would like to go through the information held by government agencies, you can also do a warrant search in De Soto through the following state agencies:
- The office of the sheriff: 205 E Franklin St, Mansfield, Louisiana 71052
- The office of the magistrate: 101 Texas St, Mansfield, LA 71052
- The office of the clerk of court: PO Box 1206, Manfield, Louisiana 71052
Is it possible to acquire information from De Soto Parish on recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- For up-to-date arrests news, please dial the phone number of the De Soto Parish Jail- (318) 872-3956.
- For inmate video visitation, call the detention facility- (318) 872-2295.
- For following up on a criminal case filed by you, contact the Investigation Division- (318) 872-3956.
- For arrest records or incident reports, please call the Records Division- (318) 872-3956
- For questions about arrest warrants, please contact the judiciary-318-697-5707/ 318-925-0569/318-872-4821/ 318-872-3291/318-755-2341/ 318-469-7655.
- For Victim Advocacy, please call the District Attorney’s Office- (318) 872-2991.
- For initiating a criminal case, please call the Clerk of Court-(318) 872-3110
Crime statistics of De Soto Parish
In 2019, about 430 criminal complaints were filed in De Soto Parish. About 360 of them were for property crimes like larceny-theft (245), burglary (92), and car thefts (21). There were 61 cases of serious assault and 6 cases of rape among the 72 complaints filed in the category of violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
From 2001 to 2008, nearly 500 crimes were reported in De Soto County, LA. Of this total figure, at least 30 complaints were filed against violent criminal occurrences. Through the interval mentioned above, violent crime rose by over 50% in the area despite a reduction of nearly 30% in the rates of overall crime.