Regardless of the size of your company or the nature of your venture, it makes good business sense to check on prospective employees with a warrant search. Although there are innumerable ways to get your hands on arrest records data for Ouachita County, LA, few are reliable, and it is even rarer to find information on what a warrant does and signifies. So, before recruiting new people, here is what you need to know.
An arrest warrant: What does it mean?
Because the magistrate of a criminal court judiciously considers all the evidence in the case before issuing an arrest order, it can be safely stated that an arrest warrant implies that significant evidence exist to hold him/her guilty. Although a warrant is certainly not a verdict and all individuals are legally deemed to be innocent till a court rules otherwise, a person will get arrested if a warrant has been issued against him/her.
What happens after warrant issue?
An active warrant which is simply a document duly signed by the magistrate of criminal court in Ouachita County, LA will generally be executed promptly. However, in the event that it is not used shortly after issuance, it goes into the national criminal database as an outstanding arrest warrant that is to be used whenever the person comes face to face with the law.
Information on arrest warrants issued in Ouachita County
To find out if a person you know professionally or personally has been arrested or has an active warrant out in his/her name, contact the Sherriff’s Department
- Address: PO Box 1803,400 St John Street, Suite # 109,Monroe, Louisiana 71210
- Tel no: 318-329-1200
Criminal statistics for the county of Ouachita
From 1999 to 2008, the crime scenario in the county has revealed some distinctive trends and clear figures. For instance:
- The annual crime rate of the area is about 6900 incidents
- So, the ten yearly figure of crime can be calculated at around 69,000 occurrences
- Of these only about 11% are violent crimes like murder and aggravated sexual assault while theft and robbery with nearly 48,000 cases are at the top of the list.
- The number of murder cases reported were around 60 while rapes were numbered at about 40 complaints.
- The daily crime rate is about 19 incidents; this means that every other hour a victim comes forth with a complaint.
The rate of violent crime has seen a significant uptrend with a rise of almost 50% in the decade mentioned above. If these figures are not curbed, the crime rate may very well top at over 8000 incidents per year in the next few years.